Login to eLearning system
Centre for Research and Interdisciplinary Studies (CRIS)
The Prague College Centre for Research and Interdisciplinary Studies (CRIS) was founded in 2009 to promote a platform for active participation in the multidisciplinary fields of business, computing, interactive media and design.
The Centre is led by Dr. Stefano Cavagnetto, Head of the School of Business.
CRIS also meets the common research and development needs of the college. The empirical material for the research projects comprises of on-going entrepreneur and enterprise projects involving different academic and business communities. This empirical base is of great value as the research is tied closely to the learning experiences of the students and aims at investigating and describing areas of knowledge that are important for academic development of the overall college community.
The main areas of interest being followed at CRIS are currently:
- Business Ethics
- Financial Crime and Governance
- Application of Game Theory to Business
- History of Programming Languages
- Eithics of Virtual Environments
- History of Cryptography
- Links between Mathematics and Art
- Cellular Automata Theory and Applications
- Pattern Theory and Design
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement in International Education
- Aligning Research to Learning
The main aims of CRIS are to:
- Introduce an environment that motivates academic research.
- Encourage participation in developing seminars and presentations in the respective multidisciplinary fields at national and international conferences.
- Publish relevant research in the form of a quarterly Prague College CRIS Bulletin
- Promote and encourage students at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels to publish and present their work.
Creating connections around the world