Login to eLearning system
Passionate about what we do!
Students from more than 80 countries are enrolled at Prague College on a variety of programmes across three schools: Business, Art & Design and IT & Computing.
Along with the activities and events organized by our Research Centre, the Humanities Society and Student Council, we offer a wide range of great opportunities to enjoy the experience of an international university environment.
Our fundamental commitment is to our students, and to providing an excellent university experience that can transform lives.
With more than 550 students and a growing number of graduates, our students and alumni are showing themselves to be successful around the world. Over the last year, students and faculty took part in conferences and exhibitions in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, France, Singapore, Serbia, Slovakia, Latvia, Bulgaria, Romania, Great Britain, the United States and of course the Czech Republic.
Individual students were honored with awards at the Penguin Design Awards 2011 in London, the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in France and by our academic partner, Teesside University, for particularly outstanding work.
Local and International Engagement
Our lecturers and academic staff have been equally active and successful, having been invited to speak and present at conferences and workshops in Aix-en-Provence, Brno, Budapest, Krakow, Phoenix, Prague, Telc, Vienna and Zagreb in the last year.
And Prague College hosts numerous workshops and seminars, some recent examples of which include:
- the Master Speaker Series with visionary guests like Tomas Sedlacek and Bruce Sterling
- various workshops for the Underground City XXI European Project
- The Secret of Ciphers: Conference on Cryptography & Intelligence
We believe that the experience of studying at Prague College should lead to great opportunities for work, career and further study.
In 2011 our graduates reported 100% employment or further study:
- 91% of our graduates are either employed (76%) or self-employed (15%) and 9% are still studying.
- 43% of our graduates remain in the Czech Republic and 57% go abroad
- Microsoft, DHL, Tesco, Exxon Mobil, Monster and Ogilvy are just some of the many major international companies where our graduates have worked during or after their studies to advance their careers.
- Recent graduates have gone to further study in the United Kingdom, United States, Slovenia, Singapore, Germany and of course, the Czech Republic.
We are very inspired by the number of students developing quality work for publication in the Prague College Research Bulletin. Ten of the twenty-eight articles published in the last year were largely or completely written by students.
The Research Centre underpins our interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary and international approach to higher education, and special mention must go to Dr. Stefano Cavagnetto, our Head of the Prague College Research Centre, who was awarded a fellowship on the research programme “Semantics and Syntax: A Legacy of Alan Turing” by the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences at Cambridge University (February 2012).
Building an Outstanding Experience
We are committed to offering students the best facilities and resources, both fit for purpose and flexibly prepared to meet the learning and teaching needs of a rapidly changing world:
- more than 1800 m2 of modern space over 3 floors
- a welcome centre, resource centre & library and refreshment areas
- key administration areas interspersed among classrooms and the student space, allowing for close interaction among students, lecturers and staff
- access to computers, copiers, printers and wi-fi and specialist equipment
- 24/7 access to the virtual learning environment and digital library
- iMac and PC computer labs
Committed to Learning
We are proud to work with an innovative, dynamic and highly skilled academic team. We believe that the best learning environments are fostered by ensuring that the lecturers and administrative staff are constantly learning as well. Among our commitments to both formal and informal opportunities for the professional development of our staff, we offer:
- a combination of time and funding for the more than 35% of our staff that are currently pursuing further degrees while working at Prague College
- workshops organized around issues of quality and academic systems that are part of our regular lecturer development programme
- seminars built around key educational issues are run by and for both Prague College staff and external guests
- visits by our key academic staff to our academic partner, Teesside University, at least 4 to 5 times per year
- a similar number of visits by our Teesside University partners on each of our programmes to ensure the highest level of quality interaction and collaboration
- encouragement for all employees to take classes or suitable degrees at Prague College
- participation in national and international academic seminars